Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Body Revolution Day 10 of 90

Day 10 = Cardio 1

Well it's was back to "Hot Feet" and "Suicides" for me today.  The best thing about Cardio 1 (besides the fact that it is burning fat off your body)is that there is NO equipment required. That's right...you don't need anything but YOU.  No mat, no weights, no resistance band.  In Cardio 1, you are on your feet throughout the full 26 minutes.  And that 26 minutes goes by quick, even quicker after you complete the first circuit.  A tip I have to get through the "Suicides".  TIP: Figure out how many you do...next time you do them, count down to zero.  I started counting how many I would do each time...my count was 23.  I then, started to count down from 23-22--21 and so on.  I found this helped me get through them easier. 

In regards to food today...it was leftovers day, with exception to Breakfast and snack.  Breakfast was delicious.  I made the Multigrain Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup.  I chose raspberries to be my berry of choice.  But that you will see quite a bit.  I LOVE raspberries.  After mixing the pancakes together and trying to spoon them into the pan, I thought they would be heavy and not so nice.  But, boy oh boy, I was wrong!  They were SO very good!  I do have a picture.  I have been taking pictures of all the meals that I make up from the recipe book.
 

Multigrain Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup

Lunch was the second serving of Chili-lime Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple Salsa/Barley and Roasted Cauliflower.  I really enjoyed the Pineapple Salsa. Dinner was leftover Beef Stir-fry w Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms served with Red Cabbage & Apple Slaw(<<<not a good combination, but I need to use the slaw up) Snack  I made the Baked Garlic Pita Chips served with Guacamole...Delicious...I will be having some leftovers of this tasty snack in the days to come.
Remember when you are making up the meals, you can always split them in half.  If you are only cooking or baking for 1 or 2 people, don't make the whole recipe if it's not a meal that can be frozen and thawed out at a later date.  The meals that are in the recipe book are quite nice, but remember they are not the only things you can eat.  As long as you stay away from processed food and stick to fresh produce and meats you will be fine. Take your fresh ingredients and create the meals yourself.  Then you know, what is in, what you are eating.  And you will know that it is good for you.  You take the time to workout.  Take the time to make yourself some good, no GREAT food.  You are worth the extra effort.
I told you yesterday that I had a sore throat and I had started sneezing...well...my throat is better, but the sneezing is crazy now.  So I am sorry if I haven't answered all your questions yet, whether it be through my blog or by message.  I will.  I promise.  But right now I must get to bed and rest.  From the neck up, I feel like crap.  Everything else below, feels excellent.  My quads are screaming a bit, but I think they are saying, "hey look at me, I'm starting to look good...I work out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment