Thursday, February 23, 2012

Body Revolution Day 11 of 90

Body Revolution Day 11 of 90

Day 11 = Workout 1
No "girly" push ups for me.  Jillian does not call them that.  She refers to them as "modified" push ups.  Good girl!  We girls can do ANYTHING the guys can do!(that's right!...we can even pee standing up, sorry guys).  When I first started working out last May 27th, 2011, I was doing the "modified" version.  By mid-summer, I was into full military style push ups.  I will admit, last week when I did Workout 1 for the first time, I did do the "modified" push ups.  I wasn't sure what she was going to get me into.  The next time Workout 1 rolled around, I was up on my toes again.   I guess today was the last day of this workout(Workout 1) for me. Next week I start on Phase 1 Workouts 3 & 4.  I'm ready! 

This morning for Breakfast I enjoyed the Steel-cut Oats with Apples & Pecans(I used walnuts). 
Steel-cut Oats with Apple & Walnuts

 Lunch will be leftover Curried Salmon Salad Pitas Pockets.  Mine don't look as cute as shown in the recipe book.  It doesn't matter though because they were still good.  A little bit dry, but good.  When sandwiches are really moist and sloppy, that's when you know that they are loaded with fat and not so good stuff.  I found that I just drank more water while eating these.  And that is what we all need...H2O...I love it!


Curried Salmon Salad Pita Pockets
 Snack will mostly likely be Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Guacamole. 

Baked Garlic Chips with Guacamole
It was so good yesterday, I want to eat it up before it goes bad.  I made the full recipe of the Pita Chips, once cooled, I bagged them in serving sizes to enjoy in the future.  I did double up the serving size though(the picture shows a single serving of chips)  When I looked at the serving size of the Guacamole, I thought I would be eating the remaining with a spoon, as I would have run out of chips of the single serving.  (I will get to talking about serving size and calories per recipe in a moment).

Dinner tonight was going to be Grilled Lamb Skewers with Plums, but that will have to wait.  I have some beef in the fridge that needs to be used up.  So I was thinking of doing Beef Skewers with Veggies, not sure of what I will be serving it with yet.  (I will probably be eating more of the Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw). 
Recipes
All the meals that I have made so far that are from the Body Revolution Fat Burning Meal Plan have been great.  In order to get your 'calorie count correct'(say that five times fast), enter the ingredients that YOU used to create the meal or snack.  Don't just enter the calories and other nutrition facts that are in the book.  I found that some of my count have been higher, while others have been lower and some right on.  So take the time to input the recipes into your MFP recipes.  You only have to do it once.  For example: yesterday I made the Guacamole.  The calorie count in the book is quite low compared to mine.  I entered the stuff I used, and it came up almost double per serving.  I have found that whenever I use Olive Oil, the calories are off.  JM must use a real low-cal olive oil.  As I said, just make sure you enter what you use.
I am feeling better today from the head up.  I did get sleep, but it wasn't the greatest.  My little girl decided to come into our bed and rustled around and then nestled into my back.  I was feeling so icky last night, I didn't have the energy to get up and move her.  But I still woke up this morning and knocked out Workout 1.

 Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment