Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Body Revolution Day 17 of 90

Day 17 = Cardio 1

Is it just me, or does Omar look like he is chewing gum??? LOL  This workout goes by so quick, before you know it, it's breakfast time. 

Breakfast: Greek yogurt Cup with Quinoa Crunch- this picture was from the other day(just thought you might want to see it again)



Lunch: Roasted Salmon with Pepita and Cumin Seed Crust- I served it with Cappellini and my homemade Ketchup-(I didn't have time to make the Potato Salad that was recommended. This was very tasty, I love salmon...I could eat it everyday.

Snack: Trail Mix(I will take a picture tomorrow and post it)  I didn't think this would be much of a snack, but it was very satisfying.

Dinner: Mediterranean Lamb Burger served with Creamy Cucumber and Yogurt Salad and Broccoli(leftovers)

People have messaged me, or left comments asking me if I like/love Body Revolution???? 

My answer: Yes, I love it!!  Why???

I love this program because it's a challenge.  A challenge for both body and mind. 

When I first started on MyFitnessPal.com, I was working out to DVDs and spinning.  I would usually workout for about an hour or so a day, sometimes more.  The weight was starting to come off.  Then I took up a challenge in doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  The 30DS is a great program.  The workouts are about 27 minutes in length, 3 levels which you work through for 10 days each and remember to take your rest days.  By the end of the 30 days, I was lighter on the scale and inches had come off.  While doing the 30 Day Shred, I also combined it with spinning, yoga or some dance DVDs. Even though I had started to lose weight and lost inches, I still had a ways to go to get to my goal.  I thought what should I do next...I purchased Jillian's Ripped in 30...another great program.  Again, I was still combining Ri30 workouts with other activities.  More weight came off and more inches were lost...yay!!!...but I still hadn't hit my goal yet.  I kept on working out, changed my calories up and down.  I had hit a plateau.  I thought maybe I wasn't working out enough, so I kicked it up.  A few pounds would come off here and there but it just seem like I was in a rut.  My workouts times were still up there, I wanted to enjoy more time with my family.  Plus, to maintain my fitness level and healthy new life, I didn't like the fact that I would have to workout for an hour or more a day to stay in the shape that I would be in once I hit my goal. 

Don't get me wrong, I do love working out and I am not afraid to do it.  Once I get on my spinning bike, and I tell myself I am just going to do a short ride...well that so called short ride, turns into a 70 minute ride.  Once the music starts playing, I can't seem to stop.  I find that if I set a long time for working out, that is when I started not liking it anymore.   I think to myself, 'Ugh, I have to do this workout, and that workout, for that many minutes/hours, in order to keep that weight off'. 

I don't want to be a slave to the workouts, I want them 'working' for me. 

And this is why I love Body Revolution.  The workouts are not long at all 26-36 minutes in length.  There are days like today, after doing the 26 minutes of Cardio 1, where I think to myself, "that's it, that's all I have to do?"  The answer is, YES!  Like Jillian says, "you don't have to spend hours, phoning it in at the gym".  I don't want to spend hours working out, because I have cooking, baking, shopping and cleaning to do(well I don't really like the cleaning part) plus working and spending time with my family and friends.  Oh yes...and blogging.  I know that I could do these workouts for a long time...like, "All your life long"!(<<<For those of you who are still waiting on your BR package, you will get it, once you start the program)

I find the meal plan manageable and it's good food.  It is helping me to train my mind, to eat better each and everyday.  To make better choices to keep this body in tip top shape.  'Cause that's where it's heading! 

Someone messaged me once asking, "What happens after the 90 days?"  I answered back, "You keep going with your workouts, and the healthy eating habits that you have learned and grown accustom to. It's a lifestyle change".

I love it, and recommend it to anyone who wants more of a challenge.  If you are just starting to workout, I would say, yes you could do it, but you might want to start with Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  Some people have said that they don't have the money right now for the Body Revolution program, that's okay.  Start with one of her other programs and work your way up.  Maybe use the purchasing of Body Revolution as a REWARD to yourself for hitting some of your smaller goals.  Build your strength, balance and your Body Revolution fund(LOL) and then treat yourself to this great program.

Enough of my jibber jabber...my body is feeling workouts 3 & 4 today.  More so 4 because she hits on the abs a little more, which I was happy about, but, boy oh boy, my sides are sore today.  And those damn 'Fast Feet', I can feel them in my calves right now.  I love it!

Well I must get to sleep now...until then.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment