Monday, February 20, 2012

Body Revolution Day 5 - February 17, 2012

Body Revolution Day 5 (Kickstart)

Only 85 to go!  Woohoo!  One more day of workouts this week, and I will be done week 1 of 13weeks.  Ah yes, rest day on Sunday will make it complete.  I know now that it won't be a total rest day.  I will probably hop on my spinning bike and have a little ride.  I will post any extra workouts that I do.
This weekend is going to be a planning, cooking/baking weekend to get me ready for next week.  I am SO looking forward to trying those muffins I baked yesterday.  Someone asked me for the recipe.  So for all of you who don't have Body Revolution yet(you should get it) here it is:
 Blueberry Banana Muffins      Makes 12 muffins
Olive Oil spray for the muffin tin
3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup honey (I used an organic wildflower creamed honey)
1/3 olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (mine was just regular whole wheat flour)
2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder (I almost forgot to put this in...DUH)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (i used sea salt)
1 generous cup fresh or frozen blueberries (mine were fresh)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (I didn't toast mine)
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat the oven to 425 degress F.  Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil spray or lime with paper liners.
In a large bowl, place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil, and vanilla.  Stir together until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.  Fold in the blueberries and the nuts, if using.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.  Place the tin in the oven and reduce the heat to 400 degrees F.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched.  Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm. (For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.)
Per Serving (1 muffin)
Calories:216 kcal / Fat: 6.8g / Protein:4.5g / Carbohydrates: 37.1g / Sodium: 234.5mg
Can you imagine if I had forgotten to put the baking powder in????  Geezzz.  I got all the way to having all the batter in the tin, and then I realized I forgot to put it in.  So I scraped it all back into the bowl and added it in.  They look AWESOME!
I know that I shouldn't step on the scale everyday, and for the longest time it would be like weeks would go by before I stepped on it.  However, during this 7-day Kickstart, I have been checking more often.  I want to chart my daily progress for those of you that are reading my blog.  So this morning I did step on the scale again...163.4 showed up., that was done another .4 lbs. For weigh-ins,  I don't just step on it once, I usually step, reset, step, reset, step and then take the number that comes up the most.  I almost freaked out this morning, because the second time I stepped on it, it read...161.8...WHAT???...but before I got my hopes up, I stepped on it again,...163.4...so that is today's numbers.  I don't usually log gains to my progress, but I will post it in my blog.  I just find that if I see the number go up on paper or in this case, on my progress chart, I will get frustrated.  I just keep working hard and I know that the number on the scale will change.  I still believe that measuring yourself is more important than the numbers on the scale.
Today was Workout 2 and Cardio 1.  I mentioned the other day about the resistance band problem I had during Workout 2.  Well I fixed it, and it was MUCH better today. Tip: Play around with the band before (or after) your workout so you know just where to place them on/around your feet.  As far as how I was feeling today after 4 days of the Revolution...waking up this morning, I felt a little bit stiff, but I believe that had more to do with my 4 year daughter using my head, back and butt as a head or foot rest throughout the night, from about 2:30am on until 5:30am.  I feel strong.  My butt feels like it's turning into a rock. Key words are TURNING INTO. Lol.  I feel hungry too, but not to the point where I going to binge on something I shouldn't.  I have very strong will power when my mind is in the game.  I will talk more on this another day.
In regards to my food for today: Breakfast: Greek yogurt with almonds and cinnamon   Lunch: Vegetable soup with Poached Chicken(I went a little heavy with the pepper)   Dinner: Wild Cod  with a Baby Spinach Salad   Snack: Hummus and Veggies(which I should have eaten between lunch and dinner but I didn't have time again)  Total Calories = 1066  I know that this is low and this is why the scale is changing daily.  REMEMBER this is why they call it a KICKSTART.  It is turning this Chocoholic, into a recovering Chocoholic. 
I have said enough for today I will be back again tomorrow.  Until then...stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment