Monday, March 26, 2012

Body Revolution Day 43 of 90

Day 43 = Workout 7

Be careful what you wish for...
I wanted more Abs...I got it!  But this makes me happy. 

As far as the triceps, I did not find them as hard in this one as in Workout 5.  The first circuit in this workout, I think is the toughest in Workout 7.  I could really feel it in my ABS throughout all of circuit 1.  And then again in circuit 2 & 3.  But circuit 1, if you just sat there and watched it, you wouldn't think that you would feel it so much in your abs...but you do...at least I did.
I used 4lbs, 5lbs and 10lbs in this one.  Next time it will only be 5lbs and 10lbs.  Plus the cable is used too.
"Fast Feet" are back again for 1 minute.  Remember I was talking about the Burpees, and how you have to learn to love them, or at least like them...okay...at the very least tolerate them, and how when I first started doing the 30 Day Shred, how I hated doing the Squat Thrusts???  Well my good pal Squat Thrusts and I were reunited today.  Only for 1 minute and then they were gone...I will see them again I know on Thursday.  I don't mind doing them anyway, I have grown to like them.
In this workout, Jillian gives a few different intensity options with some of the moves.  She starts off in the modified option, then moves into 2 other harder options.  This is nice because there is variety and you can choose the option that is right for you.
I found the Pike Crunches a bit difficult...ONLY because I have a bruise on my backside.  This is from when I wore those workout pants with the zipper pocket on the back.  DON'T DO IT!  Last week I was checking out my back in the mirror, and I noticed this bruise on my backside...ouch...so this move where you have to basically fold in half while on the ground...it hurt.  These Pike Crunches are different from ones she has done in the past because you bring your whole torso off the ground, while lifting the legs off the floor.  You kind of go into a boat pose, than back down, then up, then down...get it???  So this really bothered(hurt) by butt.  I think too, I don't have as much FAT back there anymore either...which is great!
I did the Pike Crunches like she has done before, just lifting my shoulders and legs up.  I think on Thursday I will double up my mat and go for it!!!  I'll keep you posted.

I remembered to take my measurements this morning and I weighed in too.

Starting              Current      Inches Lost
Bust: 38"               36.5"         2"
Waist: 32"             30"            2"
Hips: 42.5"            39.5"         3"
Arms: 11.5"           11"          .5"
Thighs: 25"             23"           2"
Calves: 15"            14"            1"
Shoulders: 44.5"    42"          2.5"

Total inches lost: 13"  Lucky 13

Starting weight: 164.8lbs  Current Weight: 152

Total weight lost: 12.8lbs  Almost Lucky 13...maybe tomorrow.
I have updated the Body Revolution Ticker on the right hand side, so it is working...Yay!

My time with http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ as of today, I have logged on for 305 days, and I have officially hit the 40 lbs lost marker...40.2 lbs to be exact.  I have become a Healthier Version of ME!  But I'm not done yet.  NOW...I need to become a Fitter Version of ME...and a Sexier Version of ME.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Turkey Sausage and Poached Egg
No picture of this today.  I was in a bit of a rush to get my breakfast in me before the daycare children started to arrive.  I didn't do the Sweet Potato Hash today...no time.  Plus it was a spur of the moment change in my plan.  I had planned to have the Whole-grain Toast with Soft Cheese Spread & Raspberries, but then I realized I had the sausages in the fridge and I wanted to use some of them up.  I froze the remaining ones for later this week or next week.

Lunch: Shrimp and Watermelon Salad with a twist...
I had the shrimp and watermelon over baby spinach as I have done before.  This time I added half an orange and about a half of a kiwi.  The orange was left over from the orange that I squeezed the juice from only half, and the kiwi was extra from the daycare morning snack.  I did not include the avocado in the recipe again so I figure my calories were the about the same maybe even less.  The fat would have been less.  Since I didn't have the full amount of shrimp, I ate some blackberries to make up some calories.

I try to use the good things up, because it's such a shame to have to throw them out.  Like this morning, today was our garbage day and I HAD to throw out a head of cauliflower that I didn't get around to using.  I sad, mad and NOT glad about this at all.  I know it happens sometimes, but I am trying my best at using up the veggies that I purchase each week.  Some can, and have carried over to the next week, but this cauliflower was not looking so hot.

Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Hummus
I planned on making Guacamole, and started to make it but my avocados were not ripe enough.  I had cut them up and added all the other ingredients, but could not smooooosh them.  I left it all in the dish and hopefully they will ripen and not rot over the next day or so.  I decided to make some Hummus instead.


Dinner: Barley Soup with Turkey Sausage
The temperature has dropped again today, so I had some of the leftover soup.  I divided the rest up into serving sizes and threw it(actually placed it) in the freezer for future use.

I will have to remember not to eat this combination in the future.  After entering my meals and snack into the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ food calorie calculator, it showed my calories low, but my sodium high and over my daily intake.  As I said, my calories were low for today, so I have added some cucumbers and an orange to my dinner. 

I am going to look through some recipe magazines tonight to find some other CLEAN recipes to share with you in the future.

Tomorrow is my first time for Workout 8...looking forward to it.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Have a great evening.

Good night.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment