Saturday, March 31, 2012

Body Revolution Day 48 of 90

Day 48 = Cardio 2

This morning I pushed the UP button in Cardio 2. Since I had the right pants on again this morning, I thought I would try holding a 4lb dumbbell in each hand while doing the first 3 moves in each circuit..."Jump Rope", "Butt Kicks" and "High Knees". I tried doing the "Alternating Knees", but I felt it would be too much on the shoulders and arms, so I put the weights down. If I pick up some more weights, lighter and heavier, this weekend, I will try more moves with the lighter weights next Wednesday.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin
So good!

We went out for the afternoon, starting just before noon. We took a trip to IKEA, the store in which you go in looking for 1 thing, and end up coming out with 10.  After IKEA we went over to MEC, Mountain Equipment Company in Burlington, ON.  Last year I bought myself a gray Blurr Skirt in a size medium.  Today I bought myself the same skirt only in black in a size SMALL!!!  There was also another skirt there that I had bought in blue last year, in a size 10.  Today I bought a green one in a size 8, I tried it on when I got home, I probably could have bought a size 6.  WooHoo!!!!

However, before we left, I made a batch of Crunchy Garam Masala Chickpeas. This recipe is from the April/May Issue of Clean Eating magazine.  The first picture is before they went into the oven.  The second picture is the finished product.  My kids loved them!  That's AWESOME!!!  I will be replacing their processed snacks, with homemade healthy snacks.  I am hoping to make up some of those Lemon Bars tomorrow, that I mentioned in yesterday's post, from the same issue of Clean Eating magazine.


Lunch: Vegetarian Spinach & Cheese Crepes
We ate lunch at IKEA.  Before ordering, I checked out MyFitnessPal's database to see if IKEA's food was in there.  It was, so I checked out a few things and the crepes looked to be...not too bad.  They looked great in the picture, so I ordered them. 
They were good, but not very satisfying.  Oh well.  I have made up some trail mix before we left too and brought a bag with me.  So I had my afternoon snack with me while the kids got a frozen yogurt cone at the end of our shopping trip at IKEA.

Snack: Trail Mix - This is such a great snack.  Great for travelling, I find it to be very satisfying.  My mix is 175 calories per serving.  In the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book, their mix is 178 calories per 1/4 cup serving.  I make up the mixture, than put it into Ziploc bags in single serving sizes.  That way I will not over indulge in this yummy snack.  I ate another snack after dinner tonight.  It was a Nativa Organics Milk Chocolate Covered Rice & Sesame Cake...only 90 calories per serving.  They are made from 95% organic ingredients...they are really good.  The only downside is that it is milk chocolate and not dark chocolate.  I only had one.  I purchased these from Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada.  I am not sure where else they can be purchased, however, you could search it out online.  They also sell a plain Rice & Sesame Cake which are also very good.  Make sure you get the unsalted ones though.  Watch your sodium.  Too much sodium can be worse than too many calories.

Dinner: Baked Honey Mustard Chicken and Seasoned Red Potatoes served with Onions & Mushrooms

Once we got home time was ticking on and I needed to get dinner ready before "Earth Hour" at 8:30pm.  We were going to turn off the lights in the house for one hour to take part in helping to save the earth, one light at a time.  Anyway, I had some chicken in the fridge that needed to be cooked up as well as some mushrooms.  I threw a tablespoon of Dijon Mustard, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl and then added the chicken, tossed it to coat.  Placed it on a baking tray and baked t 350F for about 30 minutes.  I cut 2 red potatoes into wedges and put them in the microwave for 2 minutes and then I put them in with the chicken.  While the chicken and potatoes were cooking, I stir-fried some red onions and mushrooms in 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender.
My son said, "this was the best dinner, thanks mum".  Awwwe, so sweet.  We ate our dinner and then turned off all the lights.  Earth Hour was ON...and we were in the dark.  Well not totally...we had flashlights on.

After IKEA, as I said went went to MEC(Mountain Equipment Company) and I have to share this little video with you.  My little adventurer...the little Miss also makes an appearance in the first video.


                                  

               Never Give Up...

And neither should you!
You will make it through your workout and be ready for what comes next...

And for me...tomorrow is Rest Day.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment