Friday, April 27, 2012

Body Revolution Day 75 of 90

Day 75 = Workout 12

Well...my Wheel turned out 5 push ups this morning. That's an increase of two from Tuesday's 3.  I thought to my, "I can do this!", I will increase each time I do this exercise.  Maybe by the end I will be doing them all plus my leg up in the air for some of them. insert > wink< here.  Maybe next round!
Back to the Dancing Crab.  For all of you that do not like Crab moves...this one is not that difficult to do.  Jillian makes it out to be SO hard, and I don't find it to be that way.  I might add some weights to my lap if I can get them to stay in place.  I don't want to add ankle weights until I go through Body Revolution again, and then I will start using them in the first workouts and work my way up. 

I will keep this short today about the workout because I have had some more questions from readers that I want to address.

Questions/Comments

Meghan wants some recipes from yesterday.

I have included them below in Today's food...section.  Enjoy!

Sarah from England asks: "What's the minimum space you would need?" for Body Revolution

My Answer:  You don't need a huge amount of space for the most part. The only move that you need some room for is the Suicide Runs. They appear in Cardio 1 and again in another one of the workouts, but I can't remember which one right now. You could move into a hallway space to do those or make the run smaller. I would say the space you need is about the size of a yoga mat, in both directions, or like your own height in both directions. You need room for push ups, planks, jumping jacks(these you could fit on yoga mat space), towel runs(which is basically running in a circle around a pretend towel on the floor). 
Move some furniture out of the way if needed, you'll burn a few extra calories while you are doing that.

Darlene and many others ask: "What's next?"

My Answer:  After the 90th day, I am going do Jillian's new KickBox FastFix DVD, mixed with some short Spinning Sessions for a week and then....

Since I keep going on about my problem area of my butt and thighs, I may do Leandro Carvalho's Brazil Butt Lift workout.  OR I may just start over with Body Revolution, beginning with the 7-Day KickStart Your Metabolism again.  I really like BR, so the next time through, I will up my weights and add in ankle weights too where needed or when possible. 

 
I ordered it the other week and it was delivered on Tuesday of this week.  I have looked over the program and some of the workouts are long some are 30 minutes or less.  SO...over the next few weeks, I want to figure out a way that I can make this program work with just doing around 30 minutes a day.  I will continue with my CLEAN EATING and try some of the recipes in the Fat-Burning Foods book that comes with the program.  If you are still going to follow me through whatever comes next, I will always post where my foods come from and recipes too(when I can).

Today's food...
Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Muffin
LAST ONE!  See I always reach for these first.  In my little planner, I had listed a Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin for breakfast this morning.  However, I had them bagged in two's in the freezer, and the other day I had taken them both out, ate one and threw the other in the fridge.  SO...it was already thawed and all I had to do was heat it up a bit.  Breakfast DONE!  I will make another batch next week OR maybe I should wait tillsome of the others are gone.  Yeah...good idea!

Lunch:  Roasted Chicken & Pesto Pizza/Sweet Potato Fries
Using up some leftovers.  Yesterday I made up the Basil & Walnut Pesto, and the kids had some roasted chicken for dinner last night, so...


I decided to make up this pizza on a Pita Bread.

Roasted Chicken & Pesto Pizza
INGREDIENTS
2oz of chicken(white meat only)
1 light mozzarella cheese string
2 green onions, chopped
1 Pita Bread
2 tablespoons Basil & Walnut Pesto(recipe below)

Basil & Walnut Pesto
INGREDIENTS
2 tbsp coarsely chopped walnuts
1 garlic clove, peeled
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

ONE: Drop nuts and garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced.  Add basil, cheese, and sea salt; process until finely minced.  With processor on, slowly pour the oil through the food chute; process until blended.
Makes: 8 servings (serving size: 1 tablespoon)

Back to the pizza...
ONE: Place Pita Bread on a baking tray.  Spread with 1 1/2 tablespoons of Basil & Walnut Pesto.   

Snack: Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Freeze/Chocolate Covered Star Fruit
I made these two snacks yesterday and enjoyed a little bit of both again today.


Here is the recipe that Meghan is waiting for...

Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Freeze
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups diced banana frozen (2 medium bananas)
2 tbsp almond butter
1 oz dark chocolate, grated


ONE: place frozen diced banana and almond butter in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in grated chocolate. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings (serving size 1/2 cup).

Dinner: Honey BBQ Chicken Salad
We went out for dinner without the children tonight...aaaahhhhhh....nice. I enjoyed this salad at the Friar & Firkin downtown Toronto, ON.
Sorry the pictures are great, but the salad was.




We grabbed some Nativa Organics Rice and Sesame Cakes to snack on after dinner, along with some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus by Summer Fresh. A little getaway without the kids.  The kids are with Grandma and Grandpa, and the kitties are with a friend at our home, while we enjoy the weekend away.  So tomorrow post might not be very long.  I brought along the Cardio 3 DVD to do tomorrow some time.  Not sure when I will fit it into our day, but I will.  And I will also be doing A LOT of walking, so even if I don't bust my A$$ in Cardio 3, I will still be burning up some calories while walking in the city of Toronto.

So...Courtney, a reader, could not wait to win the Stay Strong Necklace contest.  She took upon herself to order her own Stay Strong necklace.  That's awesome!!!!

It's Beautiful!
Keep those answers coming into me at phatsoslim.staystrong@gmail.com
Darlene, you cracked me up with your answer...keep trying.  

Have a great night, and I will talk to you again tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this recipe, it is DELISH! I hope you have a great weekend in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have been doing the Brazilian Butt Lift! Most of the work outs they have you doing are 2 of the 30 minute ones on one day OR a 50 minute one. I have found that if I don't have time, I just do one of the 30 minute ones and add on the other to the next day. I really enjoy the work outs and Leandro makes me laugh while I'm working out!

    ReplyDelete