Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Body Revolution Day 87 of 90

Day 87 = Cardio 3

I really, REALLY DO NOT like the first round of Fast Feet.  I still really SUCK at these.  Circuits 2 & 3, I am fine with.  It's just in Circuit 1 I feel all over the place.  I tend to move all over the place and I look at them on the TV, and they are all in the same spot.  I don't hate them...I just do like them very much.  Since I have been feeling a little under the weather the past couple days, this morning's Cardio was a little more of a sweaty mess than usual.  It felt good though, even better when I was done.
I tried pushing the ever Almighty UP button in this one too this morning.  I added weights to most of the moves.  Mind you, they were only 2 lb dumbbells in each hand, but it was more then I had done before in Cardio 3.  I might try 4 lb dumbbells on Saturday to finish it off.  Actually I might bring out ALL of my dumbbells and choose different ones for different moves.  Like for instance, the Side Plank Burpees...I could not do with the 2 lb dumbbells, they were too small.  I couldn't put them down on the floor and get my fingers wrapped around properly to hold them and jump to the side.  In the other workout when I do the Weighted Burpees, I use 8 lb dumbbells.  So I am going to KILL Cardio 3 on Saturday morning.
I only have 2 more workouts before that goes down. 

And you only have the rest of today, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday to get in your answer for the Stay Strong necklace contest.  Email me your answer to phatsoslim.staystrong@gmail.com 

Today's food...
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon & Almonds with the little bit of Quinoa Crunch

I wanted to use up the last of the only batch of Quinoa Crunch that I made throughout the entire 90 Days.  I had made a double recipe.

Lunch: Hawaiian Wrap
This is my own creation. I still had some Pineapple-Mint Salsa in the fridge from last week's Shrimp Skewers. So I decided to go Hawaiian. I had a wrap that I needed to use up and some ham in the fridge. I spread some of the salsa on the wrap, layered 3 pieces of ham, added the rest of the salsa and topped with just a sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese. I then wrapped in up and put it in the oven to warm. It was DELICIOUS!!! And a great way to make use of leftovers.   The first picture is what is looked like inside before the oven.  And the second is what it looked like before I ate it!

 
YUMMY!

Snack: Quick & Simple Apple Pie
Okay...I know I said I had to Stay Strong and not eat fruits or sweet things this week. BUT...my friend, Donna, told me of this recipe and I just HAD to try making it.

Sorry the first picture isn't Picture Perfect, I forgot to take a picture of the whole pie. 
I took out my piece, and then remember to take pictures.
 
This pie was different because is was a RAW pie, and very good, but sweet.  I think next time I would reduced the amount of honey.
The crust stays together...so, so.  I might try putting some unsweetened coconut in the crust mix OR my friend, thought she might try honey.  It would have to be raw creamed honey of course.  I guess I could use part of the honey from the filling and put it in the crust.

Okay...now you are ALL wanting the recipe if you don't have it already.

Here it is...

QUICK & SIMPLE APPLE PIE
MAKES 1 (9") PIE

INGREDIENTS

CRUST:
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
3/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp carob powder

FILLING:
5-6 medium sized apples, peeled and cored
3/4 cup raw honey
1 Tbsp cinnamon
juice of 1/2 lemon
 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
dash of ground cloves(optional)

ONE: Make the crust by placing sunflower seeds, raisins and carob powder in a food processor and process until finely ground(mixture will stick together).  Maybe I didn't process it enough, but it was pretty fine.

TWO: Line a 9" pie pan with mixture and form crust.

THREE: Wash and core the apples.

FOUR: Place in food processor, and pulse chop until cut into small pieces(be careful not to chop apples too finely and make apple sauce).

FIVE: In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey and dash of cloves(optional) together.

SIX: Scoop the mixture into pie crust.  Save the "juice" that remains i the bowl and drizzle over pie when served.  Level out with a spatula.

SEVEN: Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of mixture.

EIGHT: Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow pie to set.

I made my serving sizes into 1/16 for myself, for the calories to be 177 per serving.  Input your ingredients to a recipe calorie calculator for your pie, and then calculate your serving size.

For more recipes, check out http://www.paleoplan.com/ There are some muffin recipes that I may try out this weekend. 

Dinner: Turkey Burger served with The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Leeks

mmm...Always good!

I
ROCK!

Today's Plank Hold Challenge (Revolution) time. 
Oh Yeah!
oh yeah...and me after I was done.

My abs felt like a beam, a beam(wood or metal) running down through my center.  It felt as if I was laying on something.(and NO I was not lying on the ground)  I felt so strong, I knew I was going to have a good time.  I find my wrists get sore and that is the part that gets me.  My arms feel stronger right now.  Things are happening, good things.
I follow Theresa Lopetrone on Twitter, she is the one that got me started on my Plank Hold Challenge (Revolution).  In the article in ABS magazine, she mentioned that her plank was over 5 minutes.  Well today I tweeted her to Thank her for her story and for the challenge that I made out of it.  She tweeted me back and she said, "a friend of mine is at 8 minutes".  That's AWESOME!!!  I might be at Lucky 7(minutes) by the end of the week.

Well...tomorrow is the last time for Workout 11 for me in this round of Body Revolution.  I am a bit sad that it is coming to an end.  But it's not really the end.  It will be the beginning of a new Phase...the Rest of My Life Phase.  Let's see how my arms feel in the morning.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 

       

4 comments:

  1. Woah...6 minutes?!?!?! I bow down to your plank-awesomeness!!!

    Amazing. You'll get to that 7 min goal in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Over 6 minutes is amazing! So I gather you do them up on your hands...I always do plans on my forarms if that makes sense. Is one way better than the other, or do you just prefer them on your hands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really get fast feet. I don't feel the burn on that one. I'll keep doing it though because Jillian says so.

    Great job on the plant hold. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete