Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 1 Day 1 of RushFit

Week 1 Day 1 = Strength & Endurance

This is a great workout. I was a sweaty mess by Round 2. The workout begins with a 10 minute warm up, followed by 5 Rounds of Work, and closes out with a 6 minute cool down. The warm up is more like a round in itself. Lol   Each Round is 5 minutes long. The first couple seem longer than 5 minutes. But I think that is because it is all new to me.  It was the same with Body Revolution, each time I did a new Workout, it seemed long, but then the next time I did it, time went by much quicker.  I'm sure next time I do Strength & Endurance it will fly by.  Strength & Endurance is a total of about 40 minutes long.  So it is close to the longest of the Body Revolution Workouts, but it's still longer.  If I am pressed for time with this one, I can always do a quicker cool down.  Now, I know the importance of the cool down and don't worry I am not one to skip it, and neither should you.

For those of you that have done or are working through Body Revolution, there are some of the same moves. Some new ones and some the same only different. Take for instance the Burpees in RushFit, you take it right down, do a push up and then jump it back up to a jump at the top, then do it again and again for a minute. These were tough. I would probably say that they were the toughest exercise in today's workout. I LOVE the Push Ups with a Side Plank...LOVE IT!   I have started using the Beginners Training Schedule.  The workouts are done in a different order during the week and for Intermediate and Advance, some extra workouts are added on some days.  If I finish Week 1 and don't see much of a difference, I may switch to the Intermediate Training Schedule.  The dumbbells I used for this workout were: 5 lbs, 8 lbs and 10 lbs.  For some moves I started light, but then went heavier and vice versa.  I am looking forward to doing this workout again next Monday.  I will see how I have improved over the first week.

Tomorrow is Cardio day.  There is no set Cardio workout for RushFit, so I will probably Spin in the morning.  And MAYBE do another day of C25K tomorrow night.  The Cardio requirement for RushFit is to do at least 30 minutes for the Beginners Training Schedule.  The 30 minutes will not be a problem on my bike.

After my workout this morning, I watered the grass seed and plants I had just planted over the weekend, and then this is what I saw when I entered back into my bedroom...

Notice her position of being at the top to the bed, crosswise with her little bear by her side.  This is how she sleeps some nights when my husband and I are TRYING to sleep too.  I'm just glad I was out of bed already.   I LOVE her to bits! 








Today's food...
Breakfast: Carrot Banana Muffin


 
Lunch: Salmon Sausage with Sweet Corn and Carrots/ Spinach Salad with Raspberries


Snack: Banana Blueberry Muffin
This muffin is made from the same recipe as the one I had for breakfast.  The difference...No carrots and no walnuts, I just added some fresh blueberries into the batter.  Sorry I forgot to take a picture.  I had one and put the rest in the freezer for in the future for breakfast.

Banana Blueberry Muffins
INGREDIENTS
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup dates, pitted
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
muffin paper liners

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350℉.
ONE: In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
TWO: In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil.
THREE: Transfer mixture to a large bowl and blend until completely combined.
FOUR: Fold in blueberries
FIVE: Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
SIX: Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

These are a DIFFERENT Banana Blueberry Muffin from the one in the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book.  I believe that one is called Blueberry Banana.  This recipe is a little higher in calories, most likely due to the use of Almond Flour.  Both recipe are really good.  The above one, I would say is more moist than the FBMP recipe book.  I love them both!
  
Dinner: Burger with Brussels Sprouts and Carrots


I have cut this post a bit short tonight.  Because of the nice weather and the things that need to be done around our home, inside and out, I have found my time to blog has gotten a bit shorter.  And I do need to get my sleep, my beauty sleep, my fitness sleep, my Stay Strong sleep.  So I wish you a good night, and I will talk to you again tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!


Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment