Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 4 Day 6 of RushFit

Week 4 Day 6 = Strength & Endurance +

The + is for the Cardio I added this morning.  I woke up, got dressed, pulled my hair back and laced up my running shoes and hit the pavement and then the path.  I did another day of my crazy C25K schedule.  It felt great to be out running.  I think I am more of a trail runner ,than a road runner.  I love being out with the trees and the wildlife that I see.  After my 5K, I was a ways from home so I decided to try another app that I downloaded to my iPhone last night, 10K Trainer.  The first workout in this app was basically training for a 5K...but that was okay.  I figure I ran about 8K this morning on and off.  It was a beautiful morning to be outside.  

After I got back to my home, I took the kids across the street to check out my friend's garage sale.  I still needed to get my RushFit workout in.  After chatting with my friend I went back home and helped my son clean up his bedroom before, and in order for him to go to his friend's house for a play date this afternoon.  It was such a mess, I thought we would never get it cleaned.  Not really.  I knew it wouldn't take too long.  SO...I was able to get my Strength & Endurance workout in before we had to leave.  It was a day fun for all.  Okay,so...maybe not fun for all, but my husband chose to stay home.  While at home he washed up the dishes and did some laundry.  Great job honey!    I dropped my son off at his friend's home and then I took my daughter to the movies and then did a bit of shopping with her.  It was so nice to spend some time with her.  My son had a great time with his friend, my daughter and I enjoyed our day out and my husband said he enjoyed his day too.  I know he will enjoy his day tomorrow, he's going to the pub to watch England play Italy in the European Championships.  

My food wasn't the greatest today, but it wasn't atrocious.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Pumpkin Granola

Have I told you that I love Pumpkin things?  When I saw these in the store the other week, I checked out the Ingredients and thought I would give them a try.  Here is what's in them...taken from the Nature's Path website...
"Made with love and ...Lunch: Pepperoni Pizza
I shouldn't have eaten this, but I was in a hurry(running out the door to get my son to his friend's home).

Snack: Small Popcorn/Red Grapes/Snap Peas/Sweet Cherries
The popcorn was at the movies.  The Snap Peas and Sweet Cherries were after my daugter and I went to the fresh fruit market on our day out.

Dinner: Chicken Souvlaki Wrap with a Greek Salad  
We got home late(8:30pm) and my husband wanted to grab some food.

I only ate the salad and the stuffing of the wrap.  I wish they would use whole wheat wraps instead of white.  This is why I like to eat at home more and more.

Even though tomorrow is to be my Rest Day, I may go out for another round of C25K in the morning.  I will see how I feel and I will go from there.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment