Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 5 Day 1 of RushFit

Week 5 Day 1 = Strength & Endurance

Today I switched from the Beginners Training Schedule to the Advanced. 

BUT...I also CHOSE to stay in bed until 7:00AM. So what does that mean???

I did not get my workout done this morning.  I DID HOWEVER get it done this afternoon.  During nap time for the daycare kids, I was able to squeeze in my workout with a quick shower to follow.  I AM committed to my journey and I will Stay Strong each and every day.  Yes...I may rearrange my plans, but that's what makes life interesting.  It also provides some challenges too.  Since I didn't do my workout first thing this morning, it was a challenge put before me to get it done some time before the evening hours.  I took up the challenge and met it sooner rather than later.

Since I switched to the Advanced Training Schedule, today's workout was the same as what I did on Saturday, but that is OKAY, because the week gets tougher as it goes on.  In the Advanced Training, Cardio goes from 30 minutes, to at least 40 minutes each time.  I may have to get up a little bit earlier or do AM & PM workouts.  I will see how I feel.  I probably should have started with the Advanced Schedule right from the beginning.  Oh well, the next time I go through this workout, which will probably be again in the fall, I will do be on the Advanced Training Schedule from the start.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Holy Crap with Vanilla Greek Yogurt


Lunch: Salmon Burger on Body Wise Multi grain Bread/Baguette Bites


Snack: Sweet Potato Ice Cream/Special K Fruit Crisp Blueberry

                                     

Dinner: Roast Beef Dinner with Garlic Mash Potatoes, Gravy and Baby Carrots
This was so good.

It was a small piece of beef that I fixed up and threw in the oven before going out to pick up a few groceries tonight.  While I was out, I picked up the potatoes at the store and in no time at all dinner was ready when I got back home.  I ate a bit later than normal, but I find that's what happens in the summer.

I had a few people ask me about the Spiced Broiled Grapefruit that I had for breakfast yesterday. 

                                 I got the recipe from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook, shown above.
I have made a few recipes out of this book already, and they have all been very good.  I may look through it tonight to plan out some snacks for our holidays coming up, starting this Friday after the last daycare child goes home.

When I was out grocery shopping(did I mention I was by myself???...ah so nice to do grocery without the kids causing trouble), I picked up the July issue of Oxygen magazine.  I am going to relax now and look through it for some more recipe ideas and workout ideas.

Tomorrow I work my Abs & Core again, I may even throw some more cardio in the mix.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog. I am looking for a new program to start to break through a plateau. Do you like Jillian Michaels Body Revolution or RushFit better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa,

      They are both great programs. Since I did Body Revolution first, it helped me break through the plateau I was sitting on. Since starting RushFit, I have hit a plateau of weight loss but I have gained some muscle and toning definition. In regards to the weight loss, I have been eating more while doing RushFit than I was during Body Revolution. I'm still eating CLEAN and working out throughout my journey. Even though I haven't dropped anymore weight, I'm still staying positive because that is all part of the journey. You have to take the UPs with the DOWNs. I really like Body Revolution for the length of the workouts. RushFit workouts are longer but just as good. If you follow each program as it is scheduled you should be able to break through your plateau with either one. Body Revolution is nice because it comes with a total meal plan and cookbook too. BR is more expensive than RF but it comes with those extras.

      I do plan on doing Body Revolution again, most likely when I complete RushFit or a week or two after. My husband is going to do it, so when he is ready I will be starting it over again.

      I hope this helps a bit.

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete