Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 5 Day 2 of RushFit

Week 5 Day 2 = Abdominal & Core Conditioning

Why is it so hard for me to roll out of bed in the morning lately???  I know why...it's because the nights have been cooler and it's freezing in our bedroom by morning and I just want to stay snuggled under the covers.  I hit the snooze button 3 times this morning, 3 TIMES, then I got my workout clothes on, I was good to go, then I KILLED my Abs & Core in this workout.
 
Tomorrow thru Friday, I can't sleep in though, I have double workouts each day.  Well tomorrow and Friday are Cardio + a workout, but since my cardio must be at least 40 minutes now, I need to allow for that extra time.  Thursday is going to be a killer...2 RushFit Workouts...Explosive Power Training(which I have not done yet) + Full Body Strength & Conditioning...YIKES!!!!

So I was looking through my copy of the July issue of Oxygen, and I came across this morning's breakfast, well sort of.  I changed it up a bit because I didn't have all the ingredients.  I will comeback to this issue in "Today's food...". 
I also noticed all the ads for muscle building, fat burning, etc...products.  Now I know this magazine is geared towards women in body building and/or competitions and those products my help them get the look they want for their purpose...BUT I want to look like that for LIFE but without all the pills and shakes and whatever else they are trying to sell. I don't want to bulk up like some of the ladies in some of the ads, but rather toned and fit looking is what I am striving for.  I am trying to do it as CLEAN as I can.  CLEAN  foods and exercise is all I want.  I don't want to rely on products that may cause side effects.  The only side effects I want, are my Transverse Abdominals screaming at me because I have worked them SO damn hard.  I'm not an expert on all these products out there, but I know I have wasted money in the past and I will not do it again.  I'm sure some of them may help, but without the HARD WORK AND CLEAN FOODS you are not going to meet and conquer your goals.  Stay Strong!

Today's food...
Breakfast: French Toast Cups

Yummy!
Okay...so these were supposed to be made with cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, but since I had neither, I used non-fat Greek yogurt instead with some raspberries, of course.  I drizzled a little bit of pure maple syrup over them as well.  They were great!  Check out the July issue of Oxygen magazine for this recipe.  Next time I will have the right ingredients in the house.

Snack:  Watermelon

Always refreshing!

Lunch: Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash Soup with Salmon Fillet

This seems to be a reoccurring lunch time meal for me.  It's because it's ready and easy to whip up.
And oh so good!

Sanck:  Chocolate Covered Carrot Cake Balls

As you can see by the bag in the picture...I made these way back in March...
...they are just as good now as they were then.  So make sure you make use of the freezer in your home.  Whether it be for meals or snacks or prep...USE YOUR FREEZER...it will save you time on busy days.

Dinner: Wendy's Baja Salad (Half Order No Dressing No Tortilla Chips)
We were out doing some running around again tonight for our holiday prep for next week.  My husband said that is already in holiday mode, so he decided to stop in at Wendy's tonight.  It's a good thing they have salads.  I have no picture though....but if you have been following along you have seen this salad before.  My kids eat the tortilla chips and I leave the dressing at the counter.

Well I must get to bed now as 5:30am comes pretty quick these days.  I MUST get up right away tomorrow to fit in my workouts...I MUST!

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

My Little Devils in Disguise
LOVE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment