Monday, August 27, 2012

A Week of Freedom Day 1 - Spin Bike Setup

Today was the first day of my FREE week.  A free week to do any type of workout that I want to do.  It will be made up of spinning, weights, yoga and maybe some dance workouts.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Butter Finger Smoothie

This is what happens when you sleep in on a dreary Monday morning, after your children were up until, well I'm not quite sure.  I went to bed at 11:30pm last night and both my children were still awake.  So I really don't know what time they fell asleep.  My daughter was having a sleep over on the floor of my son's room again.  Next week this can NOT happen, school starts on Tuesday.  Tonight bedtime prep will begin at 7:00pm, let's hope they are sleeping by 9:00pm.
When I finally got into bed, I couldn't sleep either.  So this morning when my alarm rang out, I realized I had the bed to myself and decided to sleep in today.  My workout plan was to spin today, and I wanted to video part of it, so I my decision for extra sleep was justified.
But by sleeping in, it caused me to feel sluggish and rushed all at the same time. I needed to get all the garbage to the curb before the daycare kids started showing up. Task accomplished. I still needed my breakfast. Too late...the kids started to arrive. So I waited until all but one showed up...
my rock stars...still sleeping...(they got up at 10am)

...then I quickly made myself a shake. The kids like dancing crazy to the sound of the blender, all was good.

Lunch: Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini with Chicken served with Sweet Potato Fries and Carrots


Snack: Phat's Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar/Betterbee Honey Candy

Ahhhh...Chocolate!!!!
This is a recipe that I am working on.  They are good, but a bit dry.

Dinner: The Best Burger Ever

Mine weren't as colourful as the magazine cover as I forgot to buy tomatoes and sprouts.  There are more burgers left and I bought some tomatoes tonight, so I will probably have another one tomorrow.  This burger is VERY good.  My husband added a bit of ketchup to his, to represent the tomato, he said it was even better.

So since I did not get my workout in this morning, I did spin tonight and I did video myself doing one song...BUT...you don't get to see that one as it didn't turn out very well.  So I will try again tomorrow.  BUT...you do get to see my Vlog of the bike setup and riding positions.  Just remember all spinning bikes are different so be sure to ask the instructor of the class for more help if you need it.  Don't be shy.  If you set your bike up the wrong way, you may not have a very good ride and it might turn you off from spinning.  And that is NOT an option...LOL.  I think once you get past your first three rides you will be hooked(IF it takes that long).  So here I am again...this time, forgive me though...I'm all sweaty because I taped it after my workout...

I had to put a sheet up behind the bike so that you could actually see it.  It would have been lost in the mess of the shelves behind. 

So sign up for a spin class today, you will LOVE it!

More spinning and some weight training tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment