Friday, August 31, 2012

My Week of Freedom Day 5 - Feeling Better and Raring to Go!

Day 5 of my FREE week...I slept in a little bit because I knew I could.  My head was clearer and I was ready to go!  I did Level 1 of Extreme Shed & Shred again just so I would not overdo it.  I tried pushing a little harder this morning to make up for the past couple days.  Depending on what we plan for tomorrow, I may try the Glorious Glutes workout that Rita Catolino posted on Tosca Reno's blog yesterday.  It is the last long weekend of the summer before the kids start back to school here where I live.  So hopefully we will get out and do something fun tonight and the following 3 days.  On the 3rd day of this weekend though is the start of Body Revolution.  On Monday September 3rd I will be starting MY second round of the Body Revolution program.  My husband is going to join me, it will be his first time through it.  So with your support we will get through it together with flying colours.  I will ask his permission this weekend if I can post his results through my blog.  It may just inspire some of the guys out there to start on their own journey to a Healthier Version of THEMselves.  I will let you know if he gives me the OKAY or not.

This morning after my workout I was looking through facebook and saw this on a page that a friend of mine LIKED...This is SO wrong!  The company Body by Vi stole her pictures and used them for their own advertising...


As I said, my head is clear but I have a wicked sore throat.  You know how much I like water and, well, today, it's not tasting all that great, and it's not going down as well as it normally does.  It's quiet time here in the daycare(1:30pm) and I have only drank 6 cups so far.  Normally I have had 9+ by now.  This is real time blogging now...it is now 4:49pm and still I am only sitting at 6 cups of water...blah...it's very hard to swallow...as silly as that sounds, it's the truth.  But I will get through today with MAYBE some sorbet or frozen yogurt later after dinner...MAYBE, just to ease the soreness.  Don't let a cold become an excuse for not working out or eating poorly.  I did this in the past, and that is what got me overweight, NO, OBESE!  I will not let that happen again.  Even if you do a mini workout or go for a walk.  I know when you are sick, you feel like the world will never be the same again.  At least that is how I felt yesterday.  Just get plenty of rest and you will be back to 100% before you know it.   I'm glad this happened to me this week and not next.  With the kids starting back to school and my husband and I doing the Kickstart, being sick is the last thing I would need. 

Today's food...
Breakfast: Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Graspberry Jelly/Orange
This is probably something I should have eaten ALL day.  The silky smooth texture of the yogurt was great my sore throat.  And the Vitamin C from the orange will kick this cold in the butt.

Snack: Protein Shake x 2
Shake # 1 - I'm not naming this shake because it wasn't just a mixture of things and it didn't taste that great so I didn't finish it.  It was that bad, I didn't even take a picture of it.
Shake # 2 - No name shake #2 Again tasted awful and my son tried some, he liked it but I dumped the rest down the sink.
Maybe I just wasn't into drinking a shake.  Oh but I was!  I wanted something cold and soothing to the throat.  But instead of wasting more protein powder, I just waited until lunch to eat again.

Lunch: Sweet Potato Loaded with Ground Chicken and Cottage Cheese

Snack: French Onion Cassava Chips

Dinner: Cream of Broccoli Soup
We went out for dinner tonight and I felt like having soup.  The only soup that they had was this Cream of Broccoli soup.  It was nice because it wasn't heavy and full of cream.  It was nice for my sore throat too.


Snack: Dutch Chocolate Frozen Yogurt with Peanut Butter
We stopped at the grocery store to stock up on some food to take on trip to the beach tomorrow.  I picked up some frozen yogurt to help the final stages of my sore throat.  I added a tablespoon of peanut butter to help bring my calorie count up.  It was good, but I don't really think it helped much.

I'm off to bed now as I want to get up and get a workout in before we head to the beach.  I started some food prep for tomorrow.  Some sweet peppers for snacks, fresh watermelon and put some salad in one of my 6 Pack Fitness Bag containers.  Pack CLEAN, eat CLEAN!  Looking forward to some fun at the beach.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment