Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 18 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 18 = Workout 3

We've come to an obstacle on our journey. My husband has twisted or done something to his right knee. He thinks it may have been during the Skiers in Workout 3 the other day. He has been limited to what he can do, but he is not giving up. AWESOME!!! He did ask me, "What should I do?". My reply this morning, "You should have let me sleep in until 5:30am".  Smart A$$ I am!!!  I showed him some modifications that he could do for some of the moves.  I think he should just take it easy for tomorrow and Saturday, have his rest day on Sunday and then ease back in on Monday again.  Make sure you know the moves before you push yourself.  Before I did Body Revolution the first time, I had already completed Jillian's 30 Day Shred(twice), Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred and other workouts from her as well as some Yoga and Dance workouts.  All that was done over almost a year's time and I had learned the most of the moves already.  It's a good idea to preview the workout before you begin if you are just starting out.  Practise some of the moves that you are not familiar with so that you don't hurt yourself and set yourself back.  If you do hurt yourself, make sure you rest, continue to eat right, stay positive and you will stay on track.

After I completed Workout 3, I continued on with Killer Abs Level 1 this morning.  It is such a great workout and fantastic calorie burner.  After I killed my abs I felt I wanted to some stretching, so I decided to do some yoga.  It's a good thing I have an alarm on my iPhone set for 7am.  After the last pose, Resting Pose, I was toast.  Maybe not such a good idea to do when waking up at 4am, I think I will save the yoga for the weekends.

At my last check of my Facebook page, A Healthier Version of ME and YOU, it was sitting at 89 LIKEs.  Only 11 more to go and I will draw a winner for the prize pack.  The ONLY two people that will not be allowed to win is my husband and I.  We both LIKE the page, but our names will not be entered into the draw, to be fair. And that would just be plain silly.  So make your way over to facebook and LIKE my page...

This picture is old, very old.  As you can see there are only 4 LIKEs, it's come a long way since that.  I hope to see you over there for some extra motivation for both of us.

Thank you everyone for following my blog www.phatsoslim.blogspot.com , my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AHealthierVersionofMeAndYou, Twitter @phatsoslim or @StayStrong_PsS and following me on instagram, phatsoslim.  It's great to have such a great support system. 

You guys ROCK! 

Today's food...
Breakfast: Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes with Maple Syrup
I tried them this morning with the Maple Syrup instead of honey...

...much better.

Snack: Pumpkin Protein Bars
I made another batch of these bars today and I think they are much better then the first batch I made. 

They were so moist, whereas the other ones were kind of dry and bland.


The original recipe is from Jamie Eason check out www.bodybuilding.com for more recipes. 

The following recipe is the one that I changed up from the original and made up.

PUMPKIN PROTEIN BARS
Makes 24 servings

INGREDIENTS

2 cups oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein

2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt 
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 - 15oz can of pure pumpkin(approximately 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

ONE:  Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray an 8x13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray, set aside.

TWO: In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.  Set aside.

THREE: In a medium bowl add the honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites and almond milk, stir.  Once combined, add the pumpkin and mix well. 

FOUR: Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.  Fold in the chopped walnuts if using. 

Lunch: Garlic Chicken Pita Pizza

A whole wheat pita with garlic grilled chicken and low fat mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of basil.

Dinner: Garlic Chicken and Zucchini with Baked Onion Bhajis and Salsa

Tonight I tried my hand at making some BAKED Onion Bhajis instead of fried ones.
I actually used the same recipe as I did the other night except I used less water and cooked the onions first in a tablespoon of olive oil.  I will work on this recipe a bit more before I post it.

They were nice but I think I may need to add just a bit more water. 
I promise I will post this one once I get it right.

Snack: Zucchini Chips

I kind of over cooked these.  I was cleaning up the dishes, and I forgot they were in the oven. 
They were still good, I saved them just in time.

Speaking of time...it's time for me to get my butt in bed.  My husband fell asleep on the couch already and I think he is planning on waking up at 4am still, so that means I am too.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina



No comments:

Post a Comment