Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 19 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 19 = Workout 4

Up at 4 as a duo to do Workout 4, did Workout 4...Solo.  My husband was getting things set up and he told me that he was in agony, and didn't feel rested. My reply..."don't do it then".  What I was really thinking..."F$&k!!!! I wish you would have told me before I got out of bed!" I told him I was still going to do it because I was up, dressed and ready to workout...sort of.  How ready can one person feel at 4 o'clock in the morning, besides tired???  I got through Workout 4 with no troubles.  I had a reader/friend, Helene, send me a message asking me "if I felt that Phase 1 was too easy second time around???"  The first two weeks I found challenging because I pushed the UP button and upped my weights.  Workouts 1 & 2 were very challenging.  WHY???  Because I made them that way.  You can make your workouts easier or harder if you choose to do so.  Helene was wondering if she should skip Phase 1 and start with Phase 2.  I say NO!  Start with the first phase and add weights, when doing push ups, do them Military Style...get up on your toes.  I was really liking the feeling of curling 15lbs during Workout 2's Hammer Curls.  Next week I will up my weights a little bit more for WO's 3 & 4.  I will also add weights to moves that don't even require weights, but are manageable.

After finishing up Workout 4, I finished off my backside with the Glorious Glutes Workout that I have been doing.  I must have been still asleep because I mixed up the first two moves.  Well I did the first one and then moved onto the second and back to the first for 4 sets.  I was only supposed to do 4 sets of the Dead Lifts and then move onto #2a.  Duh!!!!...Wake Up Trina!!!  Oh well I was wide awake by the end because felt great during the last move, Weighted Jump Squats.  I used my 10 lb dumbbells again for this one.  You are to do 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off for a total of 6 on.  In my previous GG Workouts I have done 3 weighted and 3 without.  I am proud to say that this morning I did 5 out 6 with weights.  Keep working at it and YOU will improve and increase your weights too.  I LOVE this workout.  It makes walking up the stairs a little shaky right after completing it.  I had lots of stairs to climb too.  After I finished with my glutes, I made my way up 3 flights of stairs to our attic/loft to ride my spin bike.  I thought maybe if I spin it out, my legs will be a little more stable.  And it worked!  I rode for about 30 minutes and it felt great!  My music was LMFAO, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Britney Spears.  I am not a big Britney fan but I do like her song "I Wanna Go"...and my legs wanted to go, go go.  Today I had a total calorie burn of 719 = AWESOME!!!

I must apologize to Rita Catolino @RitaCatolino and Tracy Boese @BirdyNerd on Twitter.  I have two accounts and one of them doesn't seem to send me updates and I missed their tweets from last week.  I only saw them yesterday.  I am not as Twitter savvy as some people are.  I find Twitter to be very time consuming, kind of like shopping at Winners, Marshalls or TK Maxx...searching through all those racks just to find that bargain.  I don't have the time.  I know that a Twitter pro would tell me differently, but this is how I feel.  I don't like short cuts on words, it actually pains me to write "GG" for Glorious Glutes, and people should be punched when they write "Xmas", for Christmas.  I know that I just wrote it but it was only to get my point across to you.  Anyway getting back to my apologies.  First to Rita Catolino...sorry I didn't get your tweet about letting you know about the DOMS...okay here we go, another short form...after reading that I was like..."What the heck are DOMS???"  I Googled it...Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness...gotcha.  I did my GG(cringe) workout last Tuesday and I was feeling it the rest of the week.  I did the workout again on Friday, it wasn't as bad after doing it the second time.  This was the same for the first week.  I am now on week 3 of doing this workout, twice a week, Tuesdays and Friday's and I have upped my weights even from Tuesday.  I will try and be on the ball with all my Twitter accounts from now on.  Secondly, sorry to Tracy Boese...she asked "Where did you find this workout?"  She was referring to the Glorious Glutes workout.  Tracy it is from Rita Catolino and it was on Tosca Reno's blog a few weeks back and I also posted it on my blog last Friday, September 14, 2012.  I hope you have found it already, if not, hopefully this post will help you. 
Maybe it's all the 4am wake up calls, I'm not as alert as I was.  I know that sleep is important to becoming a Healthier Version of Me, so I will try to catch up on some this weekend.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Pumpkin Pancakes with Honey Greek Yogurt
The other day when I had these I topped them with honey.  Well today I tried them with yogurt with honey. 
Case in point about the alertness thing...I deleted all of today's food pictures before I got them up here.
The honey Greek yogurt was much better on the pancakes.  I am going to make these again but next time I am going to change the whole wheat flour that I used, to something different.

Lunch: Salmon Loaf with a Spinach and Onion Salad
This meal was made because I was trying to fix a mishap.  I set out to make my Salmon burgers that I always make but I didn't want to use bread crumbs, instead I thought I would try some whey protein powder.  Well it turned out to be a batter, almost like a cake batter, rather than something you could form into patties.  I poured the batter into a pan and sprinkled it with some seasoning and baked it in the oven.  It was okay.  It's not a recipe I will be sharing with you though.

Snack: Pumpkin Protein Bar/Brown Bag Popcorn

Dinner: Garlic Chicken,Onion and Green Pepper Pita Pizza
We ordered the kids some pizza and my husband got his regular Friday night sub.  I made myself up this pita pizza when we got back home.
Yummy!!!

Today was all about me saying sorry.  You can check out the pictures of the Pumpkin Pancakes with Yogurt on my facebook page.  I will be on the ball tomorrow after a good night's sleep.  I even get to sleep in a bit tomorrow.  Plus, I am going to see Tosca Reno tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe the facebook page "A Healthier Version of ME and YOU" prize pack for 100 LIKEs will grow a little bigger tomorrow.  It is almost there, it is sitting at 93 LIKEs last time I checked.  http://www.facebook.com/AHealthierVersionofMeAndYou Check it out!!!  Maybe the draw will be tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment