Friday, December 14, 2012

A Very Sad Day for All...Hug Your Loved Ones


I went out to do some Christmas shopping tonight…but I just wasn't in the mood, the reason to follow.  I don’t find Christmas shopping that stressful.  In my family we don’t buy for EVERYBODY, I would need to work 24/7 if I had to do that.  Getting together with family is SO much more important then gifts.

With that said…Today that holds SO very true.  Today in Newtown Connecticut a terrible tragedy occurred (I’m sure you are all aware of).  There was a shooting in a school, an elementary school grades Kindergarten to grade 4, children ages 5 to 10 years.  As a result 26 died, 20 of that number were children.  It’s SO very sad.

I cried when I read the reports and the information that came through over the Internet.  I saw a picture of a woman hugging a boy and I lost it.  He reminded me of my son.  I was thinking of him as he was at his school at the time, and I could not hug him.  I grabbed my daughter and squeezed her tight; she wriggled away from me and wondered why Mummy was crying.  I tried to explain, but she just wanted to go and play.


It has been a very emotional afternoon for me.  When my son got off the school bus today, I gave him a cuddle and then really hugged him once we got back home.  There are no words that could comfort those parents and families who are mourning the loss of their precious children.  To say that time will heal their wounds, I don’t know.  I don’t know if I could ever get over a tragedy like this.  Yes I have been saying…”Stay Strong!” for all occasions and situations…well this one is probably the hardest and most unfortunate of them all.  But TRY, if not today, TRY in the days, weeks, months and years to come…Stay Strong!  I am thinking of all those affected by this horrible event and send them positive thoughts, love and hugs. 

Hug your loved ones and never part being angry with one another.  Today has proved that life is too short.  Spend quality time with your family and friends, and cherish every moment.



I would like to apologize for my chosen workouts this morning.  I was up early and did not know what this day had in store for some dear people in this world. 

I began with Jillian Michaels’ Killer Buns and Thighs.  After the 40 minute A$$ whooping, I finished off with her Killer Abs workout Level 2.

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning and was out of bed by 5:28am.  Since KB&T is a bit longer, I knew I had to get moving.  I had this planned out last night.  I thought if I slept in, I would fit one of the workouts in later in the day.  But I think deep down inside I knew I NEEDED to get them done this morning.  And I DID!

Killer Buns & Thighs Level 1…I believe the first circuit of 4 is the toughest.  No weights used unless you want to push the UP button (I did not)…it was tough enough without weights.  Jillian kills you with the Sumo Squat Calf Raises, followed by Sumo Jumps, followed by Chair Pose while lifting one foot off the Floor…OUCH!  My quads were screaming.  There are more moves than these in the first circuit, but these are the ones that I remember causing pain.  Pain yes, but in the best possible way of course.  “If it doesn't challenge you, it won’t change you”.  Well things are going to change in me then, because this most definitely challenged me this morning.

Since there isn't much in the way of Biceps with this workout, while we did the Dead Lifts, I used 10 lb dumbbells and at the top I did a Bicep Curl.  Next time I think I will UP the weights to 15’s.  I will definitely needs some heavier dumbbells in 2013.  

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Full of Goodness Bar/Chocolate Hemp Protein Mug Cake with Blackberries

Well I ate the Full of Goodness Bar but only tasted the mug cake.  I waited too long to eat it and it was way too dry.  I did eat the blackberries though.  

Snack: Pistachios

Lunch: Head Lettuce, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and Thin Crust Mushroom Pizza
The pizza was leftover from the other day and I ate it cold while I was making the kids lunch today.

Snack: Pistachios
I told you they were addictive.


Tomorrow I will be getting back to some cardio, but first I have to go out early in the morning, so hopefully I will get it done after I get back home. 

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night and hugs to you all.

Trina
In loving memory of all those lost today.
December 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment