Sunday, December 30, 2012

I’m Still Here…I Hope You Are Too


It’s been a while since I have posted anything…just over a week to be exact.

A Little Bit of Back Tracking Through the Holidays...

We did our Christmas grocery shopping last Saturday and finished up any last minute gift shopping that day as well.  Oh that’s right…I left off by telling you on the Friday, that I was going to get a manicure and pedicure on this day, Saturday December 21st.  And I did.  It was so relaxing.  I love my family dearly but it’s was nice to have some time to myself.  Early that morning I took my son for a hair cut and then dropped him off at home and headed out to shop and then to relax.  I ran into a friend that I have seen in a while and we chatted while having our feet pampered.  She’s off in Jamaica right now soaking up the sun, while I’m here getting ready to go shovel the snow. 

It has been a crazy busy and yet sometimes lazy holiday.  It has been a great holiday with my family.  Spending time with them and CLEANING up after all the Christmas presents were opened.  Oh the toys, toys, toys, TOYS!  Even though Santa brought toys to my children, that didn’t stop them from spending the money they got for Christmas on more TOYS!  Our home has been a disaster zone of toys, clothes and other stuff since last Monday. 

You see…we went to my parent’s home on Sunday December 23rd to celebrate Christmas with my family.  And that is when the toys started to roll in.  When we returned home that evening, my kids should have gone to bed but they decided to pull out all their gifts and started to play with them instead of going to bed.  Yes I should have put my foot down and send them to bed, but we were on HOLIDAYS!!!!  And that is when the mess all started.  And it has been a mess ever since. 

The toys that came into the house included, LEGO and Lalaloopsy.  Yes the LEGO clean is back on again.  All those sets that I had put together about a month ago have since been broken again and the sorting was a mess once again.  So over this holiday time, I have been busy again trying to sort and rebuild ALL the LEGO set that my son has.  My daughter also got some LEGO for Christmas.  Her and I sat down on Christmas day and built it together.  She did a great job building it herself; I was only there for support.  That’s good, because she is getting another set for her birthday in February.  While I was out Christmas shopping for her this year, I also picked up some of her birthday presents.  They are already wrapped and put away…now I just have to remember where I put them.  But I have YOU to remind me where I hid them.  So if come February 7th or the night before and I don’t know where her birthday presents are, I will ask you…I have them in the closet in my sewing room.  LOL

So getting back to the Holidays…on Christmas Eve it was LEGO building time again.  Later that day we met up with friends at the pub for some Christmas cheer.  Well my husband had the beer and the kids and I were the Cheer.  My daughter had our friends playing Telephone in the pub.  We had a great time with even greater friends.  The kids had had enough and my husband had enough beer…he was cooking our Christmas dinner the next day, so it was time for us to go.  The kids were excited for Santa Claus visit in the night.  As soon as we got home they remembered they had to leave the milk and cookies out for Santa and sprinkle the reindeer food in the backyard.

The tree was lit, the milk and cookies were out, and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there.  Oh yeah, the kids were all nestled and snug in their beds…OR so I thought…

After putting the kids to bed, I went downstairs to do some last minute wrapping and organizing of gifts.  I put some gifts under the tree and then went upstairs to find my son still awake watching a movie with my husband.  I think he was too excited to sleep.  I put him to bed, and waited about 30 minutes before proceeding with the rest of the Christmas delivery.

Santa had come and gone and it was off to bed…

On Christmas morning I was up at 7:00am and was working out at 7:15am.  That’s right I kept to my workouts.  I thought if the kids wake up before I am done, I would stop and open presents.  They didn’t wake, and I got my workout done.  My husband was up too having a cup of tea.  After I showered and got dressed, I joined my husband and had a cup of tea.  We sat in our living room waiting for our son and daughter to wake up on Christmas morning.  Well we waited and waited and waited…

Believe it or not, they slept till 9am.  I heard my son up first and he said to his sister, “Wake up it’s Christmas morning”.  I heard another set of feet stomping around upstairs and then it was GO time.  My son came down the stairs first…followed by our little girl...

It was time to open some presents and being thankful for EVERYTHING.
It was so nice to see them getting along like that.  If only everyday was like Christmas.

Christmas dinner was great, thanks to my husband.  The day was fantastic!


My workouts in the last couple days has been shoveling snow and cleaning.  We finally got some snow in Waterloo.  I got a gorgeous The North Face parka from my husband for Christmas, so shoveling snow is so much more comfortable this winter. 

My days through this time off have been filled with family fun, shopping, #LEGO building, watching the third season of GLEE and listening to #Justin Bieber.  My son likes the song “Beauty and a Beat”, so Santa brought my son Justin’s new CD.  My son made up his own lyrics to the song.  They go something like this… “All I need…is mummy and daddy…to make my life complete”.  LOVE IT!  So cute. 

Here are a few pictures of our hard work of LEGO rebuilding...
It might not look like it was hard work, but when all the pieces are mixed together...it is very time consuming.
There are a few sets not shown and a few sets that still need rebuilding.



I took a break from blogging, logging (MFP) and eased up on Facebook and Intsagram too.   The New Year will bring on new posts and new workouts too.  I hardly took any pictures over Christmas, which is sad, but I guess I just needed a break from everything.  The New Year is just around the corner and a fresh start to everything.  Since my workouts have been continuing, that will not be one of my New Year’s resolutions.  Organization is KEY for my 2013.  Yes…continuing on with my journey to A Healthier Version of ME will always be THE most important thing in my life, because it is my life.  I will be looking for more events to enter into and will be reviewing some products and working on some other projects throughout 2013.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina  

No comments:

Post a Comment