Saturday, February 23, 2013

Addicted To Sweat - Jaw Breaker Chair Workout + ATS Dance Wet, Wet, Wild


This morning I started my day with the ATS Jaw Breaker Chair workout, the first tutorial and breakdown on the ATS Wet, Wet, Wild Dance and the first dance on the Get Wet dance.  Today I was sporting my Material Girl shirt that I picked up at her concert last September in Toronto.

The shirt came off half way through the Jaw Breaker Chair workout.
No, nothing dirty...just got very hot and sweaty...so I guess I was doing something right.
Addicted To Sweat!

Part way through the Chair workout I was joined by my daughter…AKA…slave driver.  She did not join me in the workout, but she got out her weights, resistance band and her mat.  With the JB Chair Workout there is a lot of ‘leg out to the back’ or ‘leg to the side’ and I was afraid of clocking her in the head.  But she stayed out of the way.

The Chair workout is another tough one.  The only equipment you need is a good sturdy chair and a mat.  The chair that I had was not the greatest, but it was all I had to use.  I still got a great workout, but I will be on the hunt for a better chair to use.  This workout including the Warm Up and Cool Down is about 32 minutes in length.

One of the moves in this workout made my foot feel like a fish out of water.  I don’t know what she called this move, but it’s tough.  What you have to do is…knee on the floor beside the chair, then lift your leg out to the side and place it on the chair.  Once your foot is there, you have to tap your toe and then your heel…slowly (fish out of water)…then the tempo changes and you have to double time it.  Once I got to this point, my foot felt more like a one that was about to take its last breath. 

Here is the proof…
My Skora Form running shoes are hard at work.

After the chair workout I decided to try workout disc #3 ATS Dance Wet, Wet, Wild.
My daughter joined me for this dance workout at this point.  Together we worked our way through the first tutorial and then made our way to the breakdown.  It was a bit hard to learn the moves because my daughter kept talking to me and asking me questions, so I just kind of guessed my way through this one today.  Once we hit the breakdown, I was able to figure out the moves a little better.  It’s a fun one; you get to do the Vogue move.  Rather than moving on to the next dance on this DVD, I decided to practice the first dance on disc #1.  My daughter liked doing the twirls…Me too.

These workouts are fun and fierce.  Discs #1 & #3 are fun.  Discs #2 & #4 are fierce.  The dances are great because you can chose which ones you want to do.  You can do 1, 2 or all of them.  For killer legs…I will be doing as many of these as I can fit into my workout time.  

After my workouts I got a surprise trip to the spa.  My daughter is not only a little slave driver, she is also a hair stylist and an Esthetician.  The spa was here in my home and she took care of my treatments.  LOL  I didn't get a picture of my hair that she styled, but here is a picture of my nails...

You can see all her supplies and tools in the background.
The other hand did not match this one.  She decided to do this technique after she finished the other hand with full polished nails.

Today's food...
Breakfast: PB2 Banana Chocolate Rolled Oats & Egg Whites
The base of this breakfast was the same as yesterday's, only I lessened the amount of oats to make way for the other ingredients I used.

This was so good.  I know I seem to say that about a lot of the things I eat, but it's the truth.

Snack: Cottage Cheese and PB on Rice Cakes

Lunch: Cashew Butter Banana Quesadilla
This was a change up.  I didn't feel like making the Veggie Omelette that was on the meal plan.  I was feeling a bit lazy.  But I still put together this clean protein packed meal.  Plus I used up the other half of the banana from breakfast.

Dinner: Salmon Stir-fry
This was to be a chicken stir-fry, but I wanted to try it with salmon instead.  It was delicious.  


Snack: Jazz Apple 
A little writing snack.

So I know I said that I was going to watch the tutorials today and I thought I would be able to watch them and learn the moves easier today since it was Saturday and I would have more time, but I was wrong.  Once my daughter came downstairs…all things changed.  The focus was not there and it made it hard.  That is the reason why I wake up at 5:30am during the week to get my workouts done.  Even though I am tired then, I can focus on what needs to get done.

It’s like writing this blog post today.  My children are playing and fighting and asking me questions and fighting and playing and so on.  Plus my husband has a movie playing that I keep stopping to watch.  So with that being said, I am going to cut this post off now.  Tomorrow is Rest Day and I am looking forward to it…BIG TIME.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment