Friday, February 22, 2013

Workout Day 26 of “Build Your Best Body” by @OxygenMagazine


 After a so, so kind of “Healthy Sleep” (my little girl came in again and used me as her kicking post), I was up and made my way into my workout area.  I wasn’t really feeling it this morning, but pushed my way through the first 10 minutes and then I was fine.  I still felt a bit slower but it could be because it’s P.I.T.A time again.  If you are just joining me in my journey, or you have forgotten what P.I.T.A means, well it stands for Pain In The A$$ time of the month…AKA…TOM, Aunt FLO, period…get me now???  Don’t worry I don’t talk about this in great detail.  I only mention it once in a while because I hear, and see so many people let this time distract them from their journeys, either by skipping their workouts or eating junk food OR worse BOTH.  I found out years ago, by avoiding foods with SUGAR in them before this time, cramping was always non existent.  Now I don’t have to worry about that, because I don’t really eat sugar at all.  I may get a little from time to time, but I try to avoid it as much as possible.  Because of P.I.T.A., my lower back is a bit sore, so I think some serious stretching or some yoga is needed.  But that will not be all.  Tomorrow I will hit the dance floor again with some more dance workouts. 


My advice to you: Do NOT let this time of the month or P.I.T.A. as I call it, distract you from your workouts and your clean eating.  Stay focused and you WILL reach your goals.

Moving on with my workout today…

During my BYBB workout this morning, my numbers on the Squat Jumps weren't nearly as high as the other day.  THAT is a result from yesterday’s wonderful Addicted To Sweat - Jaw Breaker Towel workout.  My legs were sore.  But not as sore as I thought they would be.  I do still feel it a lot in my calves, which is great because with all the other workouts I have done, this is a new area of soreness.  And with the soreness, comes change.

My Plyo Push Ups are coming along.  I have been doing these from my toes ever since I scraped the skin from my knee the very first day of doing these from the knees as stated in the workout.  So the first day I did 20 reps from the knees for 3 sets.  That number decreased as that first week went on because of my injured knee.  On the fourth workout I switched to my toes after only completing 14 reps from my knees in my first set.  During my second and third sets, I did 10 reps each time from the toes.  That number increased over the past week and a half up to 15 reps for all three sets.  Next week I will shoot for more!

My Speed Skaters have also gone from 40 reps on Day 1 of Month 2 to 80 reps today.  I don’t find this move that difficult, but it’s great for getting your heart rate up there and burning calories.

Today on Facebook, Oxygen Magazine was challenging people out there with the Build Your Best Body Workout.  Take up the challenge if you are looking for a change.  
Fit Friday Challenge time! This weekend, run through our Best Body training program! Push yourself to failure for each exercise. You will feel the burn--that’s a promise! Get the basics and the program: http://ow.ly/hXXuK      

Your body will thank you.

http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20130220005523/en/2853803/Jillian-Michaels-Announces-%E2%80%9CMaximize-Life%E2%80%9D-Tour-U.S.A.
Besides my workout this morning to make me feel great, my friend Courtney from www.treadmillrunway.com got tickets to go see Jillian Michaels in Toronto, ON in May.  Her “Maximize Your Life” Tour will be touring across the U.S.A. and Canada beginning April 4th in Winnipeg, Alberta, Canada.


It should be an interesting and exciting evening.  Our seats ROCK too!  We got VIP seating which includes a 30 minute Q&A session following the show plus some other extras.  I am SO looking forward to it.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Oats and Egg Whites with Raisins and a Sprinkle of Maple Flakes
This morning I added a sprinkle of maple flakes to my breakfast, it was nice.


Snack: Greek Yogurt with Cashew Butter


The “Muscle Up” meal plan called for actual cashews, but I had picked up some cashew butter last night, so I thought I would mix it in with the yogurt instead. 

Lunch: Haddock Sandwich

This meal was changed from the meal plan as are the ones from the rest of my day.  I had a piece of fish that I needed to cook up, so I thought instead of a chicken sandwich, I would have a fish sandwich.

Snack: Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
This was to be with an orange instead of pineapple.

Dinner: Smoked Salmon and Salsa Pizza
This was a BIG change up...


My kids were having pizza and my husband was having his Friday night sub from Subway.  So I quickly made up this pizza with the leftover smoked salmon that I had in the freezer.  I already had the cheese grated and I used salsa for the sauce. 

It was delicious!

Snack: Jazz Apple
I have missed these so.  I went to the store last weekend and they were sold out.  I went to another store, they wanted WAY too much money for them, and they looked like crap.  I went back to the store last night that had them on sale, they didn’t have them.  Tonight I went back, they had some…SUCCESS!

Last night I received a post on my wall of www.MyFitnessPal.com from a friend asking me if I was at Toys R Us last Friday night.  My reply…“Yes I was”.  Wow!  Someone recognized me out in public!
I wrote to her and asked her why she didn’t say “hi” to me.  Her reply…

 I didn't want to seem stalkerish because I couldn't remember your name and I wasn't sure what to say other than that I read your blog. I will say hi if I see you again :)

I wrote back to her with this…
I would have been flattered if you would have said something to me. Name or no name, it wouldn't matter. I would have felt like a ROCK star LOL. 

Thanks for reading my blog; it means a lot to me. 

Stay Strong! 

Trina

Seriously, I would have felt like a ROCK star.  So if you see me out and about, please stop and say “hello”, unless we are at the movies and the movie has already started, then save until later.  Many people say that I inspire them; well knowing that I do that and my words are helping others, that truly inspires me.  I have told you that many times before.  Even motivators need motivators.  This may sound corny but I am going to say it anyway… “Don’t be shy, just say “Hi”.”

Well I think it’s time for me to get some “Healthy Sleep”, I have some dancing to do in the morning.  AND I am either going to hit the ATS Towel workout or I might try the Jaw Breaker Chair workout.  I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

P.S. I just want to add the link below…This is from my friend’s 10 year old daughter who writes a blog, she is helping to change this world and make it a better place.  Her post today was from a friend of hers.  I will say no more and let the children speak.  Be sure to check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment