Wednesday, February 5, 2014

STRONG Is The New Skinny...I Thought???

Over the past few months I have taken part in watching the show The Biggest Loser, and last night was the finale of the show.

I was really impressed with all the people that did NOT make it to the final three.  They all looked healthy and happy.  Tumi looked fantastic!  I am SO glad she took home the "At Home Prize" of $100,000.  She looked happy, healthy and fit.

This brings me to the final three.  While I am proud of their journeys, and I know the struggles that go along with them, but I was not happy to see them looking like they had starved themselves.  Bobby looked the least starved out of the three of them, but he didn't look as healthy as the other contestants that were not in the final three.  Rachel took the grand prize and the title of the "Biggest Loser" weighing in at 105lbs...not healthy at all for her height.  I am not a hater of those that lose weight, I encourage it all the way...to be healthy.  Do it safe, slow and steady and you will get the results you want, deserve and worked hard for.  Like Jillian says in one of her Body Revolution workouts, "There is no secret pill, there is no secret diet".  And for god sakes, don't go starving yourself to be crowned the biggest loser.  You will not be considered a role model.  The only one that will be losing is YOU.  You will lose yourself in yet another kind of unhealthy lifestyle.  In my eyes and from the tweets on Twitter last night, in the eyes of many others, Rachel has gone from the unhealthy Obese lifestyle, to the unhealthy UNDER weight lifestyle.  I do hope the trainers and the nutritionist will help her put some weight back on and return to a healthy weight that is good for her age and height.  And get her back in that pool to return to top swimmer form.  Start lifting girl!

I know how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off, but with the added pressure of being on a show like that, I'm sure it can push people to and over the limit, but let's hope the three finalist all get some "after" show help to make sure they are in a healthy weight range.  I wish them all the best.

I posted on my Facebook page that Rachel should eat a piece of this very healthy, very delicious Chocolate Cake...

I will post the recipe for this delicious cake on the "Cook With Me Page".
If you make it, let me know what you think.
 
 
With all the tweets and comments I saw on Twitter and Facebook last night and this morning, which I am sure Rachel will become aware of, I hope she realizes that they are not in hate or jealously of her, but rather for the concern of her health and well being.

Sometimes people get so caught up in the numbers on the scale that they forget to look in the mirror, please make sure you stay within your "healthy" weight category on the BMI charts.  Don't "diet", don't starve yourself, don't take silly pills that promise you will lose crazy amounts of weight in a day, week or month...let me tell you something...THEY DON'T WORK.  If you read the fine print, they all state something like this, "taken while eating healthy and exercising you will see results".  Yeah, you may lose some weight but you are also going to lose money from your wallet at the same time.  If you believe in yourself, you can lose the weight by eating healthy and exercising.  There is no easy way out, SO STOP LOOKING FOR IT!  Spend your money on the new clothes that you are going to fit into.  Or my favourite is always the Spa, pamper those feet that you have been using to train for your first 5K or your first half marathon.  Get a massage to relax those gorgeous back muscles that you have spent so much time making look SO good.  If you work hard, you will get the results you want and deserve.

To help tighten skin back up after pregnancy or weight loss, I have used Palmer's Firming Butter with Shea Butter, Collagen, Elastin & Vitamin E, and still use it. 

 
 
I am not getting paid by Palmer's to say any of this and only have the proof and results of myself to know that this product worked/works for me.  It is the Cocoa Butter Formula...ah that is why I like it so much.  Anything with Cocoa in it has got to be good.  And for this chocoholic that works!  LOL  I love the smell of it and I used it on my body throughout both my pregnancies and I came through with no stretch marks across my belly.  Skin will shape back up if you take your time with your journey to A Healthier Version of YOU.  There is no quick fix. 

Now I wish Palmer's were paying me to say all this, because my supply is running low and that means I will have to go to a maternity shop to purchase some more.  If anyone sees me going in there, they are going to think I am expecting again.  Nope.  Just wanting to firm things up.  So if the people at Palmer's are reading this, you know what to do...thanks.  LOL  I will be happy to send you my shipping address.  Love the product!

 I just read an article about The Biggest Loser Show and how they should put in the rule for future shows that the winner must fall in the Healthy weight on the BMI chart in order to claim the prize and title.  I think that would be a great idea.


Until next time...Stay Strong!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment