Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Recovery Day

All my alarms worked this morning and I was on the bike by 6:15am.  My whole body could feel that last two days of workouts.  So getting on my bike felt great.  I rode for only about 20 minutes, and then hit the shower.
I thought since I haven't been on my spin bike in a while, I would start with just 20 minutes of work, 5 minute cool down.  That was enough for today...sort of.

After my children were off to school and the little daycare girl arrived, her and I went for nice 35 minute walk.  Pushing a stroller is a lot harder because you can't swing your arms when you walk.  But at least with her in the stroller I could walk at a much quicker pace.

A nice Spring walk through the trails.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Protein Shake with Hemp & Quinoa Toast and Natural Peanut Butter


Snack: Pineapple and Walnuts
Since I had cut up a fresh pineapple last night for snack, I thought I would have some for snack today too.  No sense letting it spoil. 



Lunch: Salmon with Quinoa and Cucumber, Tomato, Onion & Red Pepper Salad
I had some leftover salad and quinoa from last night's dinner, it was perfect to eat with my salmon.

I LOVE salmon!  But you already know that if you have followed me on this journey.
I cooked up some salmon for myself and the daycare kids.
It was so good!

I decided that I would wait until after dinner to have my other snack.

Dinner: Steak with Cauliflower Mash and Steamed Snap Peas

Now steak was not on the list of protein sources...BUT...I had bought it before I got the lists.  
I couldn't just let it go to waste.  
It was delicious.

Snack: Cottage Cheese with Mango

Use up what you have on hand.  Mix and match it up with different ingredients so that your foods get used up in the current week.

Along with the food that I eat during the day, I have been drinking about 12 -15 cups of water each day.  Most of it is lemon water.  Needless to say trips to the bathroom have been quite frequent.

Must get to sleep now.  Day 3 CX-T Find Your Fit Challenge workout in the morning.

Remember to find out more information about this challenge or other training sessions that Chris provides, email Chris at cxtpersonaltraining@gmail.com

Good night

Trina





3 comments:

  1. your food looks really nice..especially the cucumber salad...I love spin...though it's been a while since I have gone for a spin class..should go for a sin class soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I’m really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here

    Mix And Match Healthy Snacks on the App Store :- Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Mix And Match Healthy Snacks. Download Mix And Match Healthy Snacks and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

    ReplyDelete